Smart Leaders Ask Provocative Questions.
Here are some questions often ignored by many; asked by a few?
What would happen if we:
- Connected pieces to show the “big picture?”
- Created a visual map making it easy for everyone to know where we’re
- Shared more success stories?
- Showed stories of how problems were solved?
- Showed stories of how ideas failed?
- Learned to be more trusting?
- Invited employees to share their personal leadership tips?
- Listened by asking what matters most to them?
- Simplified complex business ideas with personal experiences?
- Encouraged and told stories that point to something bigger than
- Presented more personality and humanized our company?
- Started thinking “community” instead of “corporate?”
- Saw or heard stories of leaders capturing our imaginations?
- Told employees why we are in business in the first place?
- Demonstrated our values in action when recruiting potential candidates?
- Stopped using or creating strategies that don’t work?
- Simplified things?
- Considered today as the first day we had a communications department?
- Integrated employees regularly in our communications?
What about you? What questions have you used to drive employee conversations?